Pristine white beaches, huge waves, magnificent elephants, people with warm smiles and a country rich in history that’s what awaits you in Sri Lanka. Sri Lanka has a lot to offer its visitors. Whether you want to relax on its beaches, go on a wildlife safari or just want to enrich yourself with adrenaline inducing sports, Sri Lanka has all this and a lot more to offer!
Sri Lankan people are famous for their smile and hospitality as well as their spice enriched food, fruits and extensive ranges of sweets which are hard to find anywhere else on the planet. Apart from that with different ethnicities of people living together you will get to see a number of different festivals all year around.
Here are 7 reasons why you should visit Sri Lanka for your next vacation:
1. People – Sri Lanka with its multi ethnic and numerous religions is a reflection of its many foreign immigrants and with so many groups of people you find a variety of food to enjoy in Sri Lanka. The main ethic group of people in SriLanka are Sinhalese along with Tamils as well as Malays and Chinese from South East Asia.
2. Cultural Heritage – Six cultural heritage of SriLanka is recognized by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site. They are:
- The ancient city of Polonnaruwa
- The sacred city of Anuradhapura
- The ancient city of Sigiriya
- The golden temple of Dambulla
- The old town of Galle and its fortifications
- The sacred city of Kandy
Sri Lanka’s deep cultural heritage provides you an opportunity to experience its ancient history. From its Dagobas to many of the ancient buildings you can experience all of Sri Lankan cultural heritage in a closed are called Cultural Triangle.
3. Wildlife – Sri Lanka has wide variety of biodiversity. It has been identified by Conservation International as one of World biodiversity centers. Along with Sinharaj Forest Reserve, Sri Lanka has huge area covered with rainforest which is home for some of the world’s most rare flora and fauna.
4. Ayurvedic Spa’s – Sri Lanka not only cleanses your mind but it also helps you refresh your soul. Ayurvedic spas originated from Sri Lanka and it is here where you can have the most authentic Ayurvedic Spa and Massages. Sri Lanka has had a center for spirit and physical healing for around 2 millennia. Its ayurvedic plans includes various herbal and organic treatments as well as various yoga and meditation programs.
5. Adventure Sports – Sri Lanka is also home to many adventure sports. With its 1600Km of coast you can enjoy yourself in water-skiing, wind-surfing, scuba diving, snorkelling, speed boating as well as sailing. Water sports are run by local companies and foreign professionals with certified licenses. They will also provide you with all the latest equipment for the sports. You can also do white water rafting in Kelani Ganga from November to April. Along with water related sports you can also enjoy paragliding, cave trekking, rock climbing as well as mountain biking.
6. Festivals – With its varied ethnic groups and religions, Sri Lanka has a long list of festivals which its people celebrate. Sri Lanka’s best tourist oriented festival and carnivals are celebrated in Kandy Easla Perahea which is organized in Kandy for 10 days in the month of July. This carnival is famous for its drummers, dances, acrobats and showcases Sri Lanka’s mighty elephants.
7. Food – Last but not the least, Sri Lanka is heaven for food lovers. With an abundance of rice, spice and various fruits and vegetables and along with Sri Lanka’s rich history, you can be sure to find numerous types of dishes in Sri Lanka. Being an island, Sri Lanka is also famous for its Sea Food and Sri Lankan love to experiment with their food, so you are sure to find authentic food which is difficult to find anywhere else on the planet.
Lastly, if you are planning for a vacation this year and have not decided on the place yet, then think about Sri Lanka, it is one of the best places for tourists and you will surely come back with a wealth of experience and many stories to tell. Enjoy Sri Lanka.
Have you ever been to Sri Lanka before? If you have a leave a comment and let us know what you liked best about Sri Lanka
4769total visits,11visits today